FYE 2022 Performance & Productivity ReportOctober 24, 2023
Ombudsman Specialist (part-time)November 9, 2023
2-1-1 Texoma provides information and referral services to persons of all ages who are seeking assistance from Health and Human Services agencies in Cooke, Fannin, and Grayson Counties.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The 2-1-1 Information & Referral Specialist provides comprehensive assessment, planning, and coordination of service delivery to eligible individuals.
The essential duties of this position include but are not limited to the following performance measures:
- Assess clients to gather information and eligibility or appropriateness of available services;
- Develop an individualized service plan for eligible clients and assist in ensuring service delivery;
- Monitor the status and delivery of services to eligible clients;
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with service providers;
- Provide program awareness through community outreach;
- Maintain records and data necessary for the operation of the program in accordance with acceptable standards;
- Participate in short and long range strategic planning for the service delivery and program goals;
- Attend training, meetings and conferences related to program goals as determined necessary;
- Provide direct outreach services which include visiting agencies in the 2-1-1 database;
- Report agency updates to the 2-1-1 Database Manager in between the formal annual update process;
- Provide outreach material from 2-1-1/TCOG program to any other service providers;
- Offer presentations to service providers, if needed or requested;
- Participate in meetings with community partners;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to abide by current federal and state rules and regulations as they related to I&R. Must have sound client interview techniques. Must establish and and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, program participants, service providers, and the general public. Must demonstrate proficiency in both written and oral communication. Must exhibit excellent computer skills. Must be able to analyze and interpret data and identify problems and provide solutions. Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and maintain a positive attitude. Must have the capacity to work in a multi-task environment, either independently or as part of a team.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, social sciences, psychology, sociology, social work or a related field to the applicable program, plus at least one year relevant experience is preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the position may be considered in lieu of degree.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
Appropriate driver’s license or available alternate means of transportation.
HOURS AND WAGE RATE
24 hours/week at $15.60/hour.